So you want your TIPS certification?
Well, you’ve come to the right place! In just 10 easy steps, you can become TIPS Certified and get access to awesome alcohol serving gigs like Wine Tastings, Clubbing Events, Bars, and Retail Sampling just to name a few. These events pay extremely well and your certificate will pay for itself after about 1 hour of alcohol serving work!
After obtaining my TIPS Certification, many opportunities began to pour in for me (pun intended). Even if a job I was applying for didn’t require a TIPS Certification, I made sure to include it on my resume, my personal website, my email applications, and in my interviews. It helped me to stand out from the crowd of applicants and it also showed employers that I was a trained professional in serving not just alcohol, but serving people in general.
GetTIPS.com is the leader in TIPS alcohol training and they are the only company that I trust and support. Whether you’re a Brand Ambassador or a Bar Tender, GetTips’ online course is very easy and thorough so you will become well prepared to serve alcohol legally, safely, and responsibly. Getting certified only costs $40 and will take about 1 hour to complete – a very small price for a certificate that will serve you well for many years.
Read on below to learn exactly how to become TIPS Certified in just 10 easy steps:
1. Click on this link to get to the GetTips.com website and then select “Register” to get started
2. Fill in the necessary personal information
3. Use the Referral Code: 305041 when prompted (see below):
4. Securely pay for the course using your preferred credit card
5. After placing your order, you’re ready to get started! Click “Take Class” to begin the course!
6. And we’re off! You’ll be presented with information about alcohol and how to serve it responsibly. In all honesty, it’s pretty interesting and there are even short and fun informational videos that are used. This part of the course will take about 1 hour.
7. At the end of each section, you’ll be quizzed. You need to get at least 80% of the answers correct in order to move on the next section. Don’t worry, you can retake it as many times as necessary. Everyone passes!
9. Quiz time. There are 46 questions you need to answer in order to become certified. Don’t worry about being perfect, your score is not reflected on the certificate. Good luck!
By following the 10 steps in this tutorial, you’ll become TIPS Certified in no time. Not only is a TIPS Alcohol Certificate required for many serving jobs, but just having one will really help you stand out from a crowd of applicants.
It’s quick, it’s easy, it’s affordable, and being certified will open up many doors for your professional alcohol promo and serving career.
If you have any questions on how to become TIPS Certified, feel free to leave a question in the comments below and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Have fun getting paid to party!